All Hardy Spicer service centres contain state of the art electronic balancers and purpose built engineering machinery such as weld lathes and press up benches to provide a consistent quality of Manufactured, Repaired or Balanced driveshafts every time.
The alignment of a driveshaft is one of the most critical areas affecting its service life. Incorrect alignment can lead to brinelling of the trunnion crosses, excessive spline wear, and yoke, tube or weld failure. Hardy Spicer can advise the correct alignment parameters for applications in all industries.
Before any work is carried out, Hardy Spicer conducts thorough inspection of the used driveshaft to determine if a driveshaft is safe and cost effective to be remanufactured.
For suitable driveshafts, Hardy Spicer can remanufacture with brand new OEM components and restore driveshafts to brand new condition to deliver the same service life as a new component
Once a driveshaft has been repaired, it is balanced on our state-of-the-art driveshaft balancers to ISO G16 standard (or better) to ensure vibration free operation and maximum service life of all components.
- Electronic driveshaft balancing to ISO Standards.
- Fitting of universal joints, couplings and centre bearings.
- Driveshaft modifications including design, manufacturing and repairs.
- Custom built driveshafts – Performance shafts, chrome moly shafts and 2 piece shafts.
- A variety of complete automotive shafts.